Selasa, 19 April 2011

Your Near-Perfect Walk-Around Lens

poofy review Nikon 18 200mm 3 5 5 6G Telephoto DX Format

Nikon 18 200mm 3 5 5 6G Telephoto DX Format

I would consider myself an advanced amateur in photography. I have been shooting pics since 1976, using a variety of cameras. I started with the Nikon F2A, and I have progressed to the D300. A diverse group of Nikon lens have accumulated also. My last purchase was a Nikon 28-200 in the 300 dollar range.
The 28 was just not enough for wide angle shooting. Thus began the search for more. I had read the reviews for the 18-200 VR, and it seemed to be the answer. Except for one thing: the price.
But, I gave in and made the purchase. Smart move. This one lens replaces almost all my existing inventory(save the 70-300). I have shot a couple hundres pics, and any doubts are now gone.
Yes, the price is pretty steep for the average Joe, and there is that much talked about lens creep in the middle range(around 135). But I don't shoot a lot of pics straight up or down. Probably most others don't either.
The build quality is high. The lens tube is plastic,but appears to be of a very high quality(it is hard to tell it is not metal). And for a first time user, the VR is amazing. Seems almost like magic.
The most impressive quality to me is the clarity and color rendition. This lens is better than any previous Nikon product I have owned, hands down. Some of the reviews have questioned the sharpness. No problem here. Again, it outperforms all my other lens. Unless you are incredibly demanding, I think you will find this to be the lens to leave on the camera almost 100 per cent of the time. I have.
I would heartily recommend this product. The price is higher than average, but it will replace 2 or problably 3 of your current lens. No toting a box or bag to carry all of them. And the weight is not an issue for me. For what you get in one lens, it is well worth a few extra ounces on the camera. Buy this and move on. I don't think anyone will regret it. I didn't.

Get your Nikon 18 200mm 3 5 5 6G Telephoto DX Format Now!

6 komentar:

  1. I recently obtained a Nikon D70 digital camera. However, it does not have a lens. I am having a really hard time trying to find a lens. I do know I want Auto Focus (which I think? AF stands for) but I haven't the slightest idea on what to search for for a good beginner starter lens, like a decent used lens in good condition like on ebay or somewhere else. What are the key words that I would use to search to make sure it would fit my Nikon D70 digital camera if it does not say. Also besides Ebay, is there anywhere else I can get a good used price deal? (again I am a beginner so I am looking for an easy to use lens, nothing to complicated) but I don't know the words/terms to use to search for a lens,, there seems to be sooooooooooooo many. Can someone advise me? Thanks!

    BalasHapus
  2. Gerald Espinoza17 Oktober 2011 05.32

    This will be my first DSLR, and after million reviews, i decided to get the d7000. But I cant make up my mind in whats the best thing to do. Most of my shoots will be urban/ buildings, people. And also a lot of night shots, like stars... There is a kit that comes with it: Nikon D7000 DX-Format Digital SLR Camera Two-Lens VR Outfit (18-105 AF DX & 55-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G) or Nikon D7000 DX-Format Digital SLR Camera Two-Lens VR Outfit (18-105 AF DX & 70-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G) or Nikon D7000 DX-Format Digital SLR Camera Two-Lens VR Outfit (18-105 AF DX & 55-200mm VR f/4-5.6G)... Anyway or I was thinking maybe to buy just the body and get a different lens? I dont know much about the glass yet, im about to go to school so i can learn a things like that. But for now i dont know what to do, if you know the best thing i can get please let me know. THANK YOU

    BalasHapus
  3. Lacy Cervantes29 Oktober 2011 12.32

    Hi, I have a Nikon D5000 DSLR. While I love the camera, the lense that came with the camera (a 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6) is just okay and I'm looking to upgrade. I was looking at the "Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR II Nikkor Telephoto Zoom Lens", but I would like one that has a maximum aperture of f/2.8, since I do a lot of lowlight shooting. Is there a lense that has a smilar focal length range, but is a faster lense? It doesn't have to be from Nikon but it has to have AutoFocus that works with my Nikon D5000 (it's a DX-Format DSLR for those of you who don't know). Thanks in advance.

    BalasHapus
  4. I have a Nikon D50, and i want a new camera, so will all the lenses i have for it work with the new Nikon cameras???

    BalasHapus
  5. i have a nikon d5000. can u guys provide me with links that shows examples of what the nikon 18-200 can do??? also is it good for photoshoots (outdoors)

    BalasHapus
  6. My father has a Nikon 70 and I am thinking about gettig into Digital SLR with the Nikon 40 are the lenses compatable?

    BalasHapus